Cold Weather Expo
3rd Annual Cold Weather Expo held January 10, 2017
Our BEC staff was on hand to visit with members about the following topics:
- Cold Weather Rule – How it works and who it affects
- Assistance Agencies – We invited several local assistance agencies such as Bi-Cap, Red Lake Tribe Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Leech Lake Energy Assistance, and more. They provided information to members as to what resources were available, how to qualify and apply.
- Energy Conservation – Our technicians were on hand to visit with members about available rebates, home electrical evaluations, and tips on ways they could make their homes more energy efficient.
- Load Management – We visited with members about load management, what it is, how it works, and offered tips and suggestions for them regarding their off-peak electric heating equipment at their location.
- Member Tools – We demonstrated how the Beltrami SmartHub online program works for interested members, how they could view/pay their bills, sign up for auto pay and more. We also provided demonstrations of MyMeter, which allows members to view/track their usage, etc.
Refreshments and cookies were served and members who attended were able to register to win one of four $50 credits on their BEC electric bill. The day also featured information regarding available payment options, the Co-op Connections card program, the Beltrami Electric website, how members can report outages and more!